Sunday, April 12, 2015

Long Termers' Adoption Event

Ochie
I took Max and Ochie to VGSR's adoption event up in Gainesville today. I've had both dogs over a year. Max has come a long way and I think is suitable for adoption to the right home (only dog, or only active dog, with a very active owner committed to at least five miles a day, everyday).

Ochie is another story. He's as neurotic and high-strung as ever, but what he is mostly is desperate for attention. He ran directly to the van, wanting to go some place, anyplace, and he was surprisingly good at the event, relishing the attention from so many people. He's a good dog, a very smart dog, but he's all wrong for me and the rest of our pack. I had a meeting set up for Ochie with someone who evaluated him and who will take him to meet someone else, for potential inclusion in a specialized training program. We will meet again next weekend.
It's never too hard to get good pictures of Max.

The folks who adopted Stella happened to come by with her. I took in Stella last July and she was adopted early in August:  http://vadogrescue.blogspot.com/2014/08/magic.html. She was beginning to blow her coat but she looked great, very happy and very devoted to her people, as they are to her. That's what I like to see.

I was planning to take Scarlett to her new potential home Sunday evening, but she barfed again after eating her first full meal on Saturday. We are going to wait until Monday morning to make sure everything's ok.

This will be my last blog post for a few days because Maya and I are going camping Monday - Wednesday this week. I'll have lots of pictures when we return, I'm sure.

Stella







No comments: