Sunday, April 10, 2016

Harper has a home

Harper, laying by my feet, next to Maya Sunday morning.
In August, 2013, I wrote a blog post titled "Déjà vu" about a small, female shepherd mix named Maddie. I had chosen that title because her fearful personality reminded me so much of Maya. When I took in Harper back in February of this year, I unknowingly used the title "Déjà vu" once again, because she also reminded me of Maya. In fact, Harper even looked very much like Maya.

Maddie went to a wonderful woman who gave her the perfect home and she blossomed under her care. Today Harper was adopted by that same woman and she now has Maddie to play the role of Maya, her older, more confident sister.

Sometimes it's tough choosing an adopter because the dog could fit well in most any home. With Harper, as with Maddie, I have no doubt that this is the perfect home for this dog.













Harper in February

Harper today


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am so happy for Harper and her new mom and sis. The difference between the pic you took in Feb versus the pic you took most recently- is amazing. Just her stature alone! You saved her physically and mentally! Thank you!!!

Anonymous said...

So happy for Harper! Dog bless you and her new home!