Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Heading out

Theo and Jack in the pasture
I'm heading to Kansas on Wednesday to spend a week and Mother's Day weekend with my mother. I think things are in order for me to leave town. Clay will be here but I'll probably leave Maya in charge, she knows more about how things operate around here. She will certainly tell him if he's not doing something right. You never leave Samantha in charge; she would throw open the food bins and operate a 24 hour buffet like a cruise ship.

Cookie is now Kona and is settling in nicely in her new home. Jack has been sent to boarding for the week that I'm gone. With him out of the picture, the remaining pack of nine is pretty stable, if you make certain allowances for Max.

Here's a video of TJ and Maya playing indoors this afternoon, and a variety of pics from recent days.





This is the configuration that Theo and Maya
prefer, with Jack and his stupid stick in the rear.
This is my preferred walking configuration
with Maya out front. I can give a voice
command, "left" or "right" at intersections
and she will get it right 90% of the time.


Maya is all business when we walk. She
enjoys it, but she takes it seriously.
There are deer to be chased.







Trooper at a rest stop.

TJ, Maya, and Trooper



TJ

Trooper

Jack loves to run in the pasture with Theo.

Theo releasing a tennis ball so I can throw it again, but
notice that he still has an orange one in his mouth.



Theo


Two shepherds, two tubs, no waiting.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

OH PRECIOUS PUP!!!! HE WILL NOT HAVE STICKS OR ROCKS OR SWIM TUBS OR WALKS.......SUCH A SMART BOY WITH JOBS TO DO. WISH HE COULD HAVE STAYED WITH HIS PACK.