Sunday, June 14, 2020

Other goings on

I've heard people say that they are busier than ever after retirement. I'm not retired, but I am unemployed, and it seems that I've been busier than ever. First it was three generations of a German Shepherd family, followed closely by a rottweiler, a mastiff, and a boxer.

Journey is fairly easy to foster, although he does require
leash walking several times a day. I need to start giving him
more free time, uncrated, indoors to get him more integrated
with the pack. He's fine with everyone, but needs to feel more
"at home."
Dog rescue produces a mild euphoria with few unpleasant side effects. It is my drug of choice these days and I've been hitting it pretty hard. Fortunately, it's a good group of dogs and a good time of year to have a lot of dogs, and it's a good way to fill my time.







Simon the boxer has settled in very well and very
quickly. He spent a couple days just watching but
he's good with all the dogs, good in a crate, and
now good with us too. Very sweet boy.  

After a few nights in the crate Simon showed us that he's a
bedroom dog. Not on a dog bed, however, he's been sleeping
in the bed for the past several nights. It's clearly not a new
thing for him. 

We had visitors today and Simon was a bit scared but not more
than most of our other dogs. He needs to meet more people.

Maya and I took Daisy on a walk Saturday
morning with a prospective adopter.

Maya enjoyed the walk, she and I both needed
it, and Daisy was very good.


Luna's pups have passed the five pound mark.


They are four weeks old today, and are getting quite active,
playful, curious, and friendly.
The pups are now quite proficient at lapping
up milk from a dish. In about another week,
I'll start making some gruel with milk and
puppy food in a blender.


Simon had better get adopted quickly.

Luna is a beautiful dog.
I think she's going to be a wonderful dog for
someone when she's done being a mom.




1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

The pics of Simon with Serena and in your bed are beyond precious. He's definitely making himself at home! :-)