Monday, June 15, 2020

The Tiny Troopers

Luna's three little pups were four weeks old on Sunday. Like the four six-month old pups that have gone to other foster homes, I'm calling them all Trooper. There is one male and two females and they are distinguishable from one another, but I'm just calling them all Tiny Troopers for now.

They got their first dose of wormer today, and Luna got one as well. I'm still feeding them replacement milk once a day but I've been increasing the amount and may start offering it twice a day. I don't think Luna will mind. I was concerned that she was dealing with a case of mastitis lately because she had one mammary gland that was much fuller than the others and looked a bit swollen. I stayed out with her for a while today and made a point of getting the pups to work on that one and I thought it looked better this evening.

The pups are gaining weight and growing more playful and active each day. They can walk pretty well now, even though their legs aren't very long in relation to the size and length of their body. They are also finding, and exercising, their voices.









This is the male Tiny Trooper. He's the largest
at 6.9 pounds. That little spot on his lower lip
under his nose is a bit of wormer.



She's the smallest at 6.2 pounds today.










This is the one we call the little black faced
girl. She has just the least little bit of eyebrow
markings and her paws are more gray than tan.



This little girl is between the other two in
size at 6.5 pounds.
All of them have little bear cub paws.



No comments: