Friday, June 19, 2020

Simon is off the market

Clay and I have been together for almost 24 years. We met before the age of smart phones and dating apps. Although I have a smart phone now, I've never had the occasion to use a dating app so I don't know how well, or not, they work. If they work as well for people as a little internet exposure did for Simon, they would be well worth whatever they cost to join and use. I suspect that Simon has a lot more going for him than many people do, however.

Simon meeting Abita
So Simon had a number of interested people and several applications that could have provided excellent homes for him. When faced with that situation, I'll always go with someone who has a track record that I know firsthand. Simon's adopters had adopted two of my former fosters. A couple of years ago they adopted Clyde, a large male Great Dane that had been rescued from someone suspected of supplying dogs to a dog fighting ring. And last summer they adopted one of Della's puppies, Abita. When they indicated an interest in Simon that made the decision an easy one, at least for me.

They drove down from northern Virginia Friday afternoon and we met at Green Dogs. Abita came along and had her official birthday portrait taken because they had been unable to attend the event last weekend. Clay and I and Simon went to meet them and Simon went home with them.

I told them that it took Simon a couple of days to warm up, and I expect he will take his time again. But, he has met several new people since coming here and has seemed a little more at ease and faster to warm up to them than when he first came here straight out of a shelter, so I hope it will be a relatively easy transition for him. He's a dear, sweet dog, I wish him a long and happy life with Clyde, Abita, and their entire family.












2 comments:

Risa Lapidow said...

Abita has grown up to be a beauty and Simon is a very lucky boy.
I love happy endings.

Byron's Mom said...

So happy to hear about Simon's happy ending!!