Friday, June 26, 2020

Trooper cuteness

The mini-Troopers are getting unbearably cute at this stage. They will be six weeks old on Sunday, so it's time for their first vaccines, and then their introduction to the outdoor space known as Della's Beer Garden. I'm ready for that because we've had some nice outdoor evenings lately, and I am free to sit out with them in the early morning hours now too.

It's also time to begin thinking about new homes for them. I'd prefer to place them without posting them on the rescue's website if possible, so please direct any potential adoption inquiries to my email: vadogrescue@gmail.com. We will go through the Promises adoption process, however, which means application, vet check on current animals, home visit, etc. At this point I'd just like to gauge the level of interest among friends, former adopters, blog readers, etc. There are only three of these pups so I don't want to generate 100 applications.

They are adorable. And they are growing. The little black-faced female Trooper is 9.8 pounds now, the male Trooper is a whopping 11.2 pounds, and the other female Trooper is in the middle at 10.3 pounds. They are eating large breed puppy food now, pre-moistened with milk replacer until it's gone, and water.








I put them in the cardboard box when I'm cleaning, because they are not very helpful.

This is the little black-faced Trooper girl,
she weighed 9.8 pounds today.
This is the second female Troooper,
she weighed 10.3 pounds today.

The big bruiser is the lone male Trooper,
who weighed 11.2 pounds today.



I'm hoping that we have another week before they are able
to climb over this barrier.


They all have their daddy's feet, which is to say that they are a little oversized for their body.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

I want one of those puppies!