Saturday, November 28, 2020

Boxer Hiker

It was a beautiful day. I had some unfun things to do in the morning, but this afternoon I started out on a hike with Della and Maya. We went 3.6 miles and would have gone farther but I wanted to get the boxer boy, Zake, out on the trails today too. I debated whether to take a second dog with him but ended up taking him alone because I thought we needed the bonding experience. I'm glad I did. 

It turns out that he's a hell of a hiker. He doesn't pull, at all, but he does set a nice brisk pace. He really reminded me of hiking with Sparky when he was young. I'm not sure if it was a new experience for him or if he was just enjoying being in the woods after being kept in the shelter so long during the court case, but he was clearly enjoying himself, and so did I. 

We went another 4.4 miles, giving me 8 miles for the day and it felt good. It worked the kinks out of my muscles and joints, gave my heart and lungs a good workout, and cleared the funk out of my brain. Best anti-depressant ever.








Happy boy



There are some large rocks on Boulder Forest trail that make good dog posing stands.







He's got a cute face.


This is his serious boxer look.


No comments: