Sunday, November 29, 2020

The soft sell

Sometimes the best way to promote a dog is to stand aside and let them do it themselves. So it was with Zach today. I took him over to Green Dogs to meet a interested person. They brought their other dog along. All I had to do was stay out of his way and let Zach be Zach. He met the people and loved on them. He was interested in meeting their dog and once they did, the two dogs hit it off. I told them my experience with the dog, but they could see it all firsthand. Zach is one of those "what you see is what you get" kind of dogs. 

They spent quite a bit of time walking with him, loving on him, letting the dogs interact. As a result, Zach has a new home to go to sometime next week following his surgery on Tuesday. I felt like I didn't do much today. I got a dog adopted, and that's a great accomplishment for any day, but really he did it all himself.