Thursday, November 26, 2020

Turkey Day Run

Today's lineup included Bessie for the first time, in addition to Theo, Max, Serena, Della, and Sam. I was wanting to bring out the boxer, Zake, as well, but he wouldn't come to me to be leashed. We still have some bonding to do. Bessie really enjoyed herself and she's surprisingly fast for being a dog who doesn't look to be built for speed. 

Zake was great on his first night. He was in a crate next to Sam and he went to sleep as soon as I put him in there and didn't make a sound until morning. He's fitting in real well with everyone. He's still a bit scared of me at times, like when I'm trying to leash him. Indoors he has no problem with me. I need to get him out on a hike and spend some time with him and I'm sure he learn to trust me. He's hunger striking still, so he's obviously not entirely settled in, but I'm sure he will be soon. 


Max with his stick

Dame Della



Bessie leading Sam in a chase

Faster than I expected she would be, and she really loved getting out to run.

Bessie and Theo, running around the brush pile.

Theo in pursuit of Bessie.

This gives a good idea of the relative size of Della and Sam.

The younger dogs, Bessie and Sam, have really made Theo step up his running game.

Theo, Max, Bessie, and Sam

Sam, Theo, Della watching from behind



I think likes the little girl Sam. They are together in most of these pictures. 
He usually only runs when playing ball, but he's been chasing her all over the pasture.

Max, without a stick in his mouth for a change.




No comments: