Friday, November 6, 2020

My Brown Eyed Handsome Man

He's generally known as Theo the Great around here. He's the best ball player we've ever had, and the best there ever was if you ask him. I took him to a self-service dog wash a few days ago to clean him up for his vet appointment today.

I had to walk with Serena and Maya as far as the door from the parking lot because they wouldn't go without me. Theo, on the other hand, had no problem walking nicely on a leash with a stranger. I had no concern about him going inside without me either. He's well-behaved in most all situations. He's that dog that makes up for all the terrible ones I take to the vet. 

I waited in the car for the call from the vet. It was just a routine check up and time to get some vaccinations renewed. The first thing the vet said was what a handsome dog he was. 

When they brought him out and I was loading him up, a woman behind me said, "what a handsome man!" I knew she was talking about Theo, not me, but I didn't mind a bit. He's my brown-eyed handsome man. 











There's a lot of good versions of this Chuck Berry song on YouTube, but this is one I hadn't seen or heard before, featuring a very young and handsome Waylon Jennings. 












1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Theo is a handsome guy, and he's lucky to have you.