Saturday, November 7, 2020

Bye-Don

I didn't watch much of the television coverage on election night after it became apparent that this wasn't going to be quick and easy, as it should have been. However, I've been obsessed with it ever since, watching far too late each night, watching each vote update from Pennsylvania, Arizona, Nevada, and Georgia. 

This has been a tough election cycle. It should not have been close, but it was. That speaks volumes about nearly half of the people in this country, including the majority of people from my home state of Kansas. My mother died there without being able to vote in this election or see its outcome. I miss talking to her and I really miss sharing this moment with her. I will have very few occasions to return to Kansas in the future. Sadly, about all I will miss from there are sunsets, cottonwood trees, and meadowlarks. 

I'm happy this election is over and that reason, truth, science, and decency managed a narrow victory, but my faith in this country is shaken and I'm not sure it will recover.


This is a bit of DC humor. It's an actual view from the DC Beltway. 
The building representing Oz is the Mormon tabernacle.


It turns out that math and science both have a liberal bias.


I will have no use for so-called "moderate Republicans" as long as their platform continues
to call for abolishing the right to choose and the right to marry.




How any decent person could support this piece of shit is beyond my comprehension.


Republican Jesus is just an asshole.


I really wish this closet case had gone down with Trump instead of just going down on Trump.




I will never forget that every elected Republican stood in line to kiss Trump's fat ass.








I can not respect the religious beliefs of people who claim that Trump was their savior.
Evangelicals are just ignorant bigoted trash, and in Trump they found their hero.







This best sums up the post-election days when we were glued to the TV watching the count.

This one is still my favorite. 77 days and counting now.


2 comments:

Scott Rothe said...

Heh! I like the last one a lot, plus the Trump-on-a-Cross.

I have felt awfully disconnected from Salina since my mom died eight years ago. The thought of "going home for a visit" while staying in a hotel simply doesn't feel like "home".

I hope you are taking good care of yourself.

Scott

Siegfried von Brown said...

And there will be German shepherd dogs in the white house! Champ is still with us, and Major is a rescue from the Delaware HS. I couldn't be happier.

German Shepherd Dogs for Biden/Harris!