Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Theo on a sunny day

I took Theo, Max, Della, and Serena out to the pasture to play today. It was about the third day in a row we've had sunshine and that pretty much sets a record here in the Great Dismal Swamp. The ground is still soft and squishy and very muddy where there is no grass, but it's just slightly better than the day before and the day before that. 

Serena went off with Della so I had an opportunity to play ball with Theo for a while. If Serena is around, she wants the ball and Theo is such a gentleman that he gives it up to her. Serena doesn't really "play ball" so I'm not sure why she wants it, but she does. Theo and I got in some good throws and then I hopped on a mower, mowed some and just drove around some. Max is still the only one who actually follows me around on the mower. Serena hates it and makes herself scarce. Theo generally parks himself in the shade and just watches. Della was busy hunting and checking out the neighbor dogs. 

I have four dogs who need vet appointments and I've got two of them scheduled this week. I didn't schedule one for Theo yet, however, because I needed to get him cleaned up before we went to a vet. He and Max get wet and muddy in the dog yard and they both stink.

I took Theo to the new Animal Connection store in IX park today to use their self-service dog wash. Theo was great for the entire process, even walking up the ramp on his own and not fighting to get away as I was washing him. I actually didn't see as much mud and hair come off of him as I expected. He doesn't get quite as muddy as Max and it seems to dry and fall off of his fur pretty well. Of course, that dried mud becomes dirt in the house.

Anyway, Theo is clean and smells nice today. I'll make a vet appointment for him tomorrow and try to keep him clean until then.



















1 comment:

Risa said...

Siegfried had a bath and a nail trim at his daycare yesterday. He looks and smells so much better. He is a clean happy dog now.