Thursday, November 19, 2020

Just Della

 Yesterday's walk with Maya and the shepherd pup, Sam, was about 3.6 miles and it felt more like 6.3 thanks to Sam's energy and enthusiasm. I wasn't up for all that again today so I took just Della for a nice, easy, 2.5 mile walk. 

We explored the new trails again. I had lost the trail a couple times yesterday and blamed Sam for the most part because I was distracted by her branches and general puppy behavior. I didn't have that excuse today because Della was walking nicely but we still lost the trail on a couple of occasions.

The trail is new and hasn't been used enough yet to be trampled down into a well defined path. On top of that, the entire forest floor is now covered with fall leaves, which sometimes makes even the marker flags difficult to spot. Usually I could look around and spot some of the trail marker flags not too far away so we made it back onto the trail. I think I'll try walking it in reverse tomorrow and see if it's easier to follow that way. 

Della was aware that it was a new trail and that we didn't always know where we were going. I think she caught on to looking for the marker flags because she would often touch them with her nose as we passed them. 

Walking only one dog also made it a little easier to handle and use the new iPhone 12 that I got yesterday. The first picture here is of Della taken in portrait mode, which is the biggest feature change I've found so far.




Boulder Forest is the trail we had trouble following in spots.












1 comment:

Rhonda Lee said...

Such a beautiful animal! You are a saint, Brent. And I knew you in the beginning. Remember when I threw up gin in your bed. And Whitney was still alive.