Sunday, January 17, 2021

Deja poo

Déjà vu is a fairly common feeling in dog rescue. Actually, deja poo, the feeling that I've seen this shit before, is probably a more accurate term. I know that I've written about days like this before. Sure enough, I googled one of my possible names for this post (Best Laid Plans) and came up with two similar posts, both involving adoptions that got waylaid at the last minute. Such was the day. 

I took Karma over to Green Dogs at 10:00 a.m. to meet a vet who had volunteered to give her a rabies shot because it had been missed when she was spayed and she had an adoption meet and greet happening today. That went smoothly and Karma was sweet as could be with the vet. So far, so good.

I took Karma back around noon to meet the folks who were interested in her. She was sweet and friendly and good with them all and they want her, but they wanted to talk it over and get ready for her. Ok, fine, I certainly don't mind holding her for another week especially if she has a place to go. They also want to pay for a blood test to make sure she's healthy and give me another week to put some weight on her. I have some raw food and satin balls thawed out so we will get started on that.

Chase also had someone come to meet him today. They loved him and they want him, but as soon as he got out of my van, he squatted to pee and we all noticed blood in his urine. Grrrrr. That's obviously something we've got to look into and get resolved so he came back home with me today as well as Karma.

I hope we can get both dogs to a vet tomorrow, especially Chase. I hadn't seen any blood come out of him before, but it happened again when we got home in the afternoon after he laid down on a dog bed. 

Both dogs have very good adoption prospects waiting for them but they didn't happen today as I had hoped. I believe they will both still happen, but the stars weren't aligned quite right just yet. It's not that these two are difficult fosters or any kind of problem dogs, but there are others waiting in the wings, looking for an open slot, so the sooner we can move some out, the sooner we can take more in.

I have always been a sucker for that rottie look.


Karma will lay down and rollover when anyone shows her any affection whatsoever.








1 comment:

David V said...

I hope all goes well with the vet on Monday. Poor pups. They need time to get well and truly recover from their recent ordeal.