Monday, January 4, 2021

Kentucky Getaway

I drove to my sister's place in Kentucky on New Years day and returned on Sunday. I had stuff there that I had brought back from Kansas and have been needing to pick it up. Clay was off for three full days, Friday through Sunday, to take care of the dogs so it was the perfect opportunity for a quick getaway.

Here's some pictures from Kentucky and some from home in my absence. Maya knew I was leaving, of course, but I couldn't make her understand that it was just for a couple days. She immediately took up her traditional "widow's walk", lying on the bed and looking forlornly out the window, fearing that her daddy was forever lost at sea never to return. (Maya is also a bit over dramatic.) The greeting I received when I got home on Sunday was pretty much the same as the one I had received after being away for several weeks in the fall. 

Cache (the little guy) and Reka

Here it's Pixel trying to share Reka's bed.

BeeBe isn't the biggest dog there, but she's pretty much rules the place.


Frank always makes himself heard. I was the first one up Saturday morning and walked out
to the kitchen to make coffee. Unfamiliar with the location of the light switches I was just
using my cell phone light when I heard a soft and rather subdued "Hello, Frank" from across
the room. My heart probably skipped a beat, but I was immediately glad that he used his name so
I knew who it was. 

Ricky has no trouble making himself heard either, but he's not quite as talkative as Frank.
They both really like to join in a group laugh and then end it with a squawk.



BeeBee likes to be held, until she doesn't. She jumped up into my lap.


There are two cats in the household too, but they mostly make appearances at meal times and I didn't get any pictures. 



Maya was happy that I was home.



1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

Your sister's place looks like heaven to me!