Saturday, January 16, 2021

A cold, wet, winter day

It was one of those winter days where the thing to do would be to build a fire and settle down with a book or television. I'm not good at doing nothing, but it wasn't a day and lent itself to doing anything very productive, indoors or out.

I made a Kropsua for breakfast. It's a Finnish thing, apparently, basically just flour, milk, butter, and eggs. I added bacon. Pretty good, found the recipe on Tiktok. 

In the afternoon I took Chase over to meet a cat and small dog at Green Dogs. He couldn't care less about either of them, which is good. 

Karma is finally feeling better and acting normal as of Saturday evening. She ate her full meal and wanted to play with the Danish girls and Maya. It was good to see her feeling good again.

The afternoon ended with a small storm passing through that brought us graupel, tiny balls of rime formed by super cooled water droplets freezing on falling snow. I learned a new word. 

A new facemask I got at Christmas. 

Kropsua, a Finnish oven pancake


Della thought I was very boring all day because I wouldn't go outside and play.

This is Chase meeting the notorious Catdog.

Chase checked out both ends because it's not immediately clear which is the head.

Chase was even less interested in the cat.

Chase has a potential adopter who has three small dogs, don't ask me why.

Karma did a lot of play bows with the Danish girls but not no response.

It was nice to see her feeling like playing again.

Maya wasn't interested in playing with her either.

Sweet girl and very pretty. 
I absolutely must take Della out for a walk tomorrow. 
I think she's getting worried about me.

No comments: