Wednesday, January 27, 2021

Bonding with Danes

I had been leaving the two foster Danes, Dolly and Madison, outside until bedtime because I wanted to give them plenty of outdoor time after eating, and to avoid competition with our Danes for the two largest crates in my office. Those crates are used by Della and Serena during the day, but by the fosters at night. It's a time sharing arrangement.

However, I need to bring the fosters in earlier, so they will get used to living indoors with other dogs and so I'll get the chance to assess their house manners. That's what I did Tuesday evening and everyone co-existed very well, even in the tight confines of our house and even up in my office. Eventually the two fosters settled into the big crates and our dogs went to bed a little early with Clay. 

Wednesday afternoon I took Dolly up to Pleasant Grove for a short walk. The two girls need to be separated from one another so they don't become co-dependent. Clay was home by the time I left so Madison stayed with him in the house along with Della, Serena, Arby, and Theo. I took Dolly for just a half mile walk and she really seemed to enjoy it. I need to get back to walking and hope to do more of it tomorrow.


Dolly on the left and Madison on the right.

These are the giant crates normally occupied by Della and Serena. 

Madison and Maya, downstairs in the kitchen.

Four Great Danes was pretty cozy in this space.


Upstairs in my office, I have my arm around Madison and Dolly laid her head on my desk.



That's Della in the back, Serena on the left, and Dolly in front on the right.

Dolly on our walk this afternoon.


I love those markings on her face.


New dog on her first walk, I used two leashes.


She is a very pretty girl.





No comments: