Thursday, January 14, 2021

A couple more rotties

This one is named Summer. She was an owner surrender to a local shelter. No known reason. The dog seems nice and friendly, fine with other dogs, nice shiny coat, but she is underweight. She's very energetic right now, maybe that's a consequence of being in a shelter, I don't know. She goes wild with a food disk, making me think it must have been her only toy. She's been bred, probably never been in a house or crated, I don't know. I've given her a healthy dose of trazadone to take the edge off her energy so I can get her settled into a crate tonight.

The other new one I just got this evening, too late to get any pictures. Her name is Karma and she's actually Malia's mother. She had been with another foster home but came here this evening after being spayed today. Karma apparently has some applications pending. The former foster was planning to adopt her but decided against it. 

Summer is brand new and I don't really know much of anything about her yet.