Wednesday, September 8, 2021

Walk and run

Tuesday evening I took Maya and Della for a three mile walk. Daylight is shrinking and I'm not giving myself enough time to get in three miles before dark. I cut the trail portion short as usable light was fading fast in the woods but we walked around the library and sheriff's office complex long enough to make the three miles. The dogs didn't care if we had the full three, but I wanted and needed it myself. We slept very well that night.

Wednesday evening I took the gang of 7 out to run in the pasture. They ran, I needed to mow. Hugo wanted me to throw the disk, a ball, something, anything, but I needed to mow. He finally more or less accepted that and just ran. He ran a lot. They all did from what I could tell. I got one short throw in with Melly when Hugo wasn't looking. She does like to play fetch. Rufus has been coming upstairs more and more during the day and he wants to at night. He's wanting to be part of the pack. He played with Hugo in the pasture today which rather surprised me. 






It was actually quite dark here when I took this picture near the end.
But if you hold the camera steady enough and long enough, it 
collects enough light to take a decent picture.

Heading back home.

Melly and Rufus

Melly has a squeaky toy that I threw for her. She ran after it, 
but Hugo heard the squeak and came flying in to steal it.

There was a chance of thunderstorms this evening, but it didn't happen.

Melly and Rufus

The big girl can run!

Rufus and Hugo

Melly and Lexie

The grass was getting very tall, but it was nice and dry, a good time to mow it. 
I'd like to get the whole pasture cut once more this season and then I may let it grow.


No comments: