Sunday, February 20, 2022

Allie gets adopted, Della hikes, Axel arrives

It was a busy day and that's good. I've had too many weekend days lately where I felt like I did nothing. Della and I started off the morning with a hike, and we went back onto the trails today instead of just walking the roadway through the park. It was a slightly longer hike too, 2.5 miles, and being on the trails it meant we had a more varied walk, some uphill and downhill portions, and uneven trail surface which uses more muscles in the legs and the entire body. It was good and I felt energized when it was over rather than exhausted, which tells me I'm finally rebuilding some stamina.  A good hike all the way around.

When we got home, Sharen came over as she has several days last week, but this time she took Allie home. I was thrilled with this. Sharen had adopted Bertie/Sojo, who died a few weeks ago. Bertie was small but left a large hole in Sharen's heart and life, which Allie (now Madeline) can fill. Allie is much larger, of course, but she's just as sweet and I'm very happy that she's now with Sharen. 

After seeing them off I went to town and did some errands and picked up two cocker spaniels. I took them to Erika at Green Dogs and picked up Axel, a young white boxer and brought him home. He's cute and sweet and that's about all I know so far. He likes Maya. 











A good day all the way around.


1 comment:

Rachel said...

Enjoy your new home, Madeline!