Sunday, February 13, 2022

Muddy Sunday

We got a negligible amount of snow, but it made several inches of mud. The surface of the ground was just beginning to get dried out to the point that I didn't have to wear my muck boots everywhere, but we were brought back to smack in the middle of mud season today. I stayed in and I kept the dogs in all day too. The house had just been cleaned on Friday and I wanted to preserve that illusion of clean for one more day.

Max was the exception because he wouldn't come back indoors after morning feeding because that wasn't his usual routine. Everyone else was pretty content to be indoors although the fosters got bored. I gave them a little outdoor time but not all together so no one got thoroughly muddied up. 

Allie had an afternoon visitor who, if all goes well, may turn out to be her adopter. I'm very happy about that for both of them.

Serena has not improved and in fact her lower leg is more swollen than ever and she seems to be very uncomfortable. We will be going to see a vet again tomorrow although I don't know what for, but we've got to do something to relieve her pain. She's so stoic, but she didn't eat at all on Sunday and that tells me all I need to know.

An unpleasant Facebook memory popped up today, although it had a happy ending. It was 9 years ago that I posted about Maya's disappearance, just about a week after we got her. She was on the run for several weeks before we finally caught her in a trap after she ventured back to our side of the river. We believed she was about a year old then, which means she's 10 years old now. We are both a lot grayer now.










1 comment:

Byron's Mom said...

I remember that happening with Maya and how sick you were over it. So glad she found her way back home!