Friday, February 18, 2022

Walking nicely with Zippy

It is time that I started working with Zippy more than I have to date. I have taken her on a couple walks, but I really needed to establish control and that's what we did today.

The Gentle Leader is the simplest of devises, there's not much to it, but it really works. I resisted using them for years, wasn't convinced they were secure, and didn't like the look. I'm still not crazy about the look, and maybe it's because I'm getting older, but I really like and need the ease of control they provide.

They do need to be properly fitted. I put it on Zippy before we left and she had it off before we were out of the driveway. That was human error. I had her regular harness on her too, as backup in case I still didn't have it on securely, but I never needed it. She fought it at first, but I kept walking and she soon realized it wasn't killing her. She walked right next to me, often in contact with my leg after that and we had a good walk without all that zigzagging back and forth, around and behind me, that wears me out and tries my patience.












No comments: