Monday, February 7, 2022

New day, new dog

Callie went to sleep last night still unsure of us and her new surroundings. This morning Allie awoke with a whole new outlook on life. She had decided that I was her new doggie daddy and that everything was going to be all right. She met the Danish girls nose to nose this morning without any problem and did the same with all the others throughout the course of the day.

I could tell by the way that she shadowed me around the house that she wasn't a flight risk, so I detached the leash she had been dragging around and even took her outside off leash. But the highlight of the day was this afternoon's pasture run. I don't know if she had ever had the opportunity to run like that, but she sure enjoyed it. She kicked up her heels, she darted, she bounced, she ran circles around River. She might even have outrun Della, but I only say that because I know Della won't read this. 

She had a great time. She's eating very well so I hope she'll put on a little more weight. The day was wet and dreary, but her new attitude is pure sunshine. 









There's actually four dogs in this picture - Serena, River, Della, and Maya.

It was fun having Maya out in the pasture again.


This pasture run was her first real meeting with River. 
He liked her and he played with her more than anyone else.


Serena's right front shoulder is doing much better, 
but now she's limping on her right rear leg. I let her out to run
with us, but I took her back inside before the others.
She was ok with that.