Tuesday, February 8, 2022

Romp, play, brewery, and visit

It was a beautiful day for another romp and play session in the pasture. I had everyone out there today except Serena, who is still favoring her right rear leg.

It's the first time that Allie had met and played with Zippy (shepherd), and Finley (the lab). Those two are a play group all by themselves and Allie was attracted to their play. It was good for Zippy to play with someone that she couldn't push around the way she does with Finley. Everyone got rolled at one time or another, but it was usually the lab and thank goodness for their good nature. I understand that Finley has an interested person who wants to meet him this coming weekend.

Clay's days off are Monday and Tuesday so we try to do something together on at least one of those days. I had to work of course, but we went to town in the evening taking Allie to her first brewery. I really had no idea what she would think or how she would act around strangers. When I first put her back in that crate in my van I had to wonder if she thought I was taking her back where she had come from. And I wondered if she'd be scared meeting new people the way she was when she met me on Sunday. 

We went to Decipher for a beer but the place was almost empty, which is unusual. That wasn't so bad for Allie, however, she got to experience going to a new place without the added stress of meeting new people. I took along a bag of treats so she really enjoyed being there and she knew we weren't returning her from whence she came at least.

I did want to have her meet someone new, however, so we went to visit Clay's mother. Berta was eating dinner when we arrived and Allie helped herself to some warm buttered bread off the table. I guess that got the visit off to a good start in her mind. She really liked Berta, and gave her kisses to make up for the stolen bread. Berta's cat, Portia, was discovered under the table and Allie really wanted to meet her as well. She had apparently lived with a cat at some point so she knew what they were at least and her interest seemed to be more curiosity rather than predatory. 

It was a good evening and a good out for Allie. She's a very happy girl. 



When we first got out to the pasture there were a lot of very active dogs in close proximity.



Finley (left) and River (right).


River isn't as fast as the others but he still likes to play.

Zippy, she's wet and muddy, but she's still a good looking shepherd.





River and Max sharing a sniff.


Finley is a typical lab, very good natured.



Maya is really enjoying the pasture again.
If she's out of sight, I call her and she pops up to show me that she's around.



Allie at Decipher.

She was very interested in our food, but was easily distracted with the bag of treats I brought along.


We were there for a while before she spotted the cat under the table.




I was very happy to see her so comfortable with Berta. 



No comments: