Tuesday, October 25, 2022

Reyna joins the pasture party

Reyna has been here since Friday and there's a few things I can say about her now with some certainty. Her house manners are excellent. She's never been crated and doesn't need to be. She had a couple accidents at night in the kitchen as she was getting used to the timing of eating and bodily functions, but she's fine now. She doesn't chew anything or get anything off the counters or out of the sink. She's fine with other dogs. She has a good German Shepherd alert bark but she's fine with people who are admitted to the house. 

Reyna has stayed downstairs in the kitchen area. I had to put a leash on her to bring her upstairs. She's more comfortable downstairs for now and that's fine. For the first couple of days I only allowed her access to the a/c yard but then I walked her out on a leash and then allowed her to run around dragging a long line. Today I just took her out off leash (fenced yard) and she came right back whenever I'd call. She would like to get back into the van and go back where she came from, but in a few more days I think she will be solidly homed here.

Today I took her out to the pasture for the first time along with Maya, Della, Max, Elvis, and Paisley. She had a great time, which the pictures clearly show.

Reyna

Reyna and Max

Max

Paisley and Reyna

Paisley


She ran around a lot but she stuck close to me too.







Maya, Max, and Reyna


Reyna, Maya, and Paisley

The grass is Della-height in many places.












No comments: