Saturday, October 8, 2022

What a glorious day!

Today was as good as it gets in Virginia. The sky was blue and the sun was shining. It was cool and dry enough that you could work up a sweat without being uncomfortable. It was just a glorious day.

I started out walking Della and Paisley together. We went almost 2.5 miles in spite of some ridiculous pain I was having in my left hip. The dogs enjoyed it and didn't mind my periodic stops because it allowed them more sniffing time than I generally tolerate on a hike. There were a lot of people all over the park today, but they weren't on the trails. We managed to avoid them all except a couple of mountain bikers. 

After a quick lunch break I headed back out with Maya and Elvis for another two miles. Everyone was wanting to be outside today and I could have done another two miles with two more dogs, but instead I had everyone outside for a few hours in the afternoon while I was puttering in the yard. Cosmo went home this afternoon when his folks returned from their trip. He gets along well here but he was sure happy to see them and to be headed back home.

With Cosmo's departure, Kenley will take his place with the indoor pack. She's been fine spending the days in Daneland with Olivia, but I need to prove her indoor manners to improve her adoption prospects. I put Paisley out in Daneland with Olivia this afternoon and plan to do the same again tomorrow. On Monday some new dogs are coming that will take over at least the puppy half of Daneland. Oh, and I had a call from the woman I call my doggie dealer from southwest Virginia. She's got a female German Shepherd Dog that will be coming here soon. I had hoped to get away for at least a few days this fall, but I'm not sure when or if that is going to happen. 










Maya and Elvis



This is a great picture of Elvis.




Kenley's head and Cosmo's tail

Cosmo's nickname, the Big Hairy Beast, is very fitting.


Cosmo enjoying a roll on the grass.


Della on her bed in the back of the van, enjoying the afternoon sun.





No comments: