Sunday, October 2, 2022

Soggy Sunday

This weekend definitely had a theme, and that theme was wetness and rain. Taking the day's events in order of importance but in reverse order of time, the first I'll mention is the adoption of Rita Rottweiler to the woman who came to meet her yesterday. Her family decided that Rita was the one and she drove back down this afternoon, picking up Rita about 5:30 p.m. for the drive back up to northern Virginia. I didn't get any new pictures because it was raining and yucky at the time, but Rita hopped into the back of her SUV, I gave her kisses and well wishes, and off they went. If she sends me a picture when they get home I'll add it to the end of this post later.

Continuing backwards in time, early Sunday afternoon I drove Elvis up to Patch for their first anniversary celebration. They another new beer that I wanted to try and Elvis needed to meet his public. The weather was lousy so everyone was inside and there was quite a good crowd. Elvis greeted absolutely everyone as a long lost friend and/or potential savior. He may be the most socially adept dog I've ever had. He made dozens of new friends there today and only the length of his leash and reluctance of his handler (me) prevented him from greeting every person there. He was fine with the three or so dogs we met too, but people were his primary interest. His tail never stopped wagging all the time we were there.

Late this morning, before the rain started, I got Della and Maya out for a three mile hike. The trails were wet but we had the park entirely to ourselves. It's not wilderness, but it was solitude, which is good for the soul. We had a great walk.

The earliest news of the day, and rivaling Rita's adoption in order of importance, was that Clay finally had a negative Covid test! I also tested negative and I hope we will finally be able to put this behind us.
















No comments: