Saturday, July 8, 2023

Elvis at the brewery

Green Dogs sponsored a disc dog demo at Patch Saturday afternoon. I had worked outside at home all morning, doing a little bit of yard work and a lot of puttering. It was hot. By early afternoon I was done so I cleaned up and headed up to Patch with Elvis. I was too tired to take Sherlock. Elvis was perfect. He's very sociable and he's easy with both dogs and people. 

We hung around outside for a while but then gave it up for the air conditioned tasting room. A lot of people had the same idea and it was quite busy inside, which delighted Elvis. There were times I just handed off his leash to people at another table that he wanted to visit. Elvis worked the room, making new friends and greeting old ones too. He was particularly friendly towards anyone with food; Elvis is not stupid. 

We saw lots of folks we knew, and several dogs, of course, including Maze (one of Della's pups and a recent visitor with us), and Shelby, a female Dane who is Elliot's adopted sister (Elliot wasn't there). It was a great event and a good afternoon. Then Elvis and I stopped at Lowe's on the way home. He met a few more people and walked nicely along with me as I pushed a cart through the store. If this dog was trained to do anything other than hustle french fries from strangers, he'd make an excellent service dog. 




Elvis and Shelby




Elvis with Jamie


Maze was happy to see us and was very well behaved, 
very important for a big dog indoors.



No comments: