Saturday, July 1, 2023

Farewell to Kirtley

I took Kirtley and Sherlock over to Green Dogs to meet potential, separate, adopters. Both prospects loved the dogs, as I expected. Kirtley's spent the day shopping for him and then came and picked him up Saturday evening. I think Sherlock's prospects are good too. I'll be taking him to meet the adopter at her farm on Monday. 

The only bad thing was splitting up those two dogs. They were the best matched pair of fosters I've had in a very long time. We'll get Sherlock another foster buddy soon, I'm sure, but in the meantime he can spend some time learning the ways of our household and rules laid down by Della (any bed I want is mine) and Maya (no running in the house). 

Kirtley is a great dog and it was a pleasure to foster him. In his time here he helped another dog along his own path from foster to forever and I appreciate the help. Dogspeed, Kirtley.



That is one handsome hound.

Kirtley found a toy, played with it, and destroyed it. Good times.
We also discovered he's a good ball player. 




1 comment:

Risa said...

Good luck, Kirtley. I hope you have a long and happy life with your fur-ever family.