Monday, July 31, 2023

End of July

How can it be that July is over? It does seem that time goes faster as I get older. Nothing any of us can do about that, but here are some pictures from late-July that I wanted to share before the month is gone.

From a Delvis walk on Saturday, I believe. He probably has to take three steps for every one of hers, and yet somehow they are a well matched pair for walking.








This is a very large wasps' nest hanging about head-height just on the edge of the woods, about five feet, if that, from the edge of the road. I had been walking past this for weeks without being aware of it. A sheriff's deputy driving through the park stopped as we were passing him and told me about it. Since then I've been walking on the other side of the road and can't believe that I had been walking past it for weeks completely unaware of its presence.


I think we are seeing a new Starfish emerge.






The puppies had their first visit from Procter children on Saturday.
They will be eight weeks old on Friday.







No comments: