Wednesday, July 26, 2023

Starfish indoors

I took Della and Elvis on the morning walk. They are a great walking pair. In the afternoon I put a harness on momma Starfish and walked her around the yard and then brought her in the house for a while in the afternoon. 

She was still reluctant to walk with me but with the harness I didn't have to drag her. I would just sort of lift and pull and she would move her legs and we called it walking. I can't figure her out. She's certainly been a good mother to the pups but she doesn't seem protective of them. She also doesn't seem particularly eager to get back to them when she's away. She was good with the other dogs around the yard and in the house but they mostly all just gave her space. I think I'll start keeping her indoors more during the day. It's time the puppies had some alone time and she needs to show us her personality.














No comments: