Tuesday, February 13, 2024

Longer days, longer walks

I desperately needed a walk today and Della and Bailey agreed to go with me. I initially planned just to do the two mile road walk at the park because of the recent rain and resulting muddy trails. As I was about to hit the one mile turnaround point, I decided to venture into the woods on a trail that doesn't have many muddy places. The further I went, the better I felt, especially when I realized that I had over two miles in and the sun was still above the horizon. I checked my phone and sunset wasn't until 5:49 p.m., and we have a half hour of good light after that on a clear day. Mud be damned, we kept going. We ended up with four miles, my longest in quite a while and we all enjoyed it.








Bailey struck this pose, and held it, when she spotted a number of vultures up in the trees.
There must have been something dead in the woods nearby, but we did not investigate.




We saw a deer disappear in the tall grass.



4.05 miles


No comments: