Monday, February 12, 2024

Weekend wetness

Sunday afternoon Green Dogs held a puppy bowl watch party at Patch. It was held in the outdoor pavilion and the place was packed! I took Bailey along and it was a good mob scene for her to experience, but it was almost too much for me so we hung out just outside after I got a beer and later we went to the main indoor brewery space, which wasn't nearly as crowded. 

Bailey did very well greeting new people and new dogs in a very busy environment. 



She was happy to see Clay behind the bar when we arrived.

We saw former foster Elliott (one of Alison's puppies).

When I got home from Paige's adoption on Saturday I wanted to finish getting my cold frame ready because I knew that the forecast called for rain. I got the wood frame built, and dug the trench to a depth of 2 feet. I will fill it with straw and then place pots in there with bulbs I want to sprout. The sun will warm it up during the day and the depth will keep the pots warm enough to grow, along with heat generated as the straw decays.


Here's a pic with Paisley for scale. It's about 6' long.

Sunday night wasn't particularly cold, and the rain was down to a light mist for the most part. It wasn't cold enough that Norman felt the need to seek the comfort of the shed. He was hanging out in the big box full of straw and spent much of the night barking, presumably at deer.

I got up and took food out to him twice, hoping that a full belly would bring on sleep. Today I made a point of getting Norman out to the pasture to run around on his own. I left him out there for several hours while I was working. The light rain didn't seem to bother him and he had shelter when and if he needed it. It's a little cooler tonight and the dampness feels raw, so I hope he'll use the shed and be quiet. It actually feels warmer in there than it does in our house this evening. 









No comments: