Sunday, April 10, 2011

Congratulations

Emily adopted Rikku from me about four years ago.

 Rikku was crazy--wild, unfocused, just plain nuts.  What Emily saw in her I never did understand, but I knew the dog would have a good home.  I was happy to see her go, too, because she was a pain in the butt foster who screamed hysterically and I'm not good with that sort of thing. 

That is one lucky dog.  Most adopters would have returned Rikku in a matter of hours or days, but Emily did not and I never thought she would. 

Proving that with time, all things are possible, this picture was taken this weekend after Rikku passed the Canine Good Citizen test.  It sounds like Emily has more planned for her as well, including therapy dog certification. 

I have no doubt that they can accomplish that as well.

3 comments:

Matt McDaniel said...

that's awesome!!!

BudsBuddy said...

Congratulations to Emily and Rikku, they both look very happy! I've always wondered how to find a dog that would be good at therapy work. I guess once again we learn that great dogs are made, not born!

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Wonderful news. Rikku passed the Canine Good Citizen test. Such a nice picture too.