Friday, April 1, 2011

Our turn

I've had some luck moving dogs lately, but this is not the time to slack off.  I do think that spring is best season for dog adoptions and spring is short. I have two or three waiting in the wings and several dogs around here who aren't even on the web yet, so I need to get them moving. Today I did a few write ups using pics that I already had just to get them posted.  I'm taking 5 dogs to a VGSR adoption event in Sterling on Sunday and I wanted to get them on the website in the hope of getting some folks out to meet them.  Here's what I've written for Dugan, Jeremy, Molly, and Maggie Mae.  (I seem to be writing in first person dog voice today for some reason, don't ask me why.) 

Here's what I've posted for Jeremy: 

When my foster dad sprung me from the shelter I was in bad shape.  I had an allergy that was making me itch like crazy, a secondary skin infection, and not very much fur!  I've had lots of TLC in my foster home and it has taken a while, but I look and feel much better now.  They tell me it may just have been a flea allergy that got out of control and caused the skin infection because I was pretty much on my own for quite a while.  I haven't always had it so good, but I'm a survivor.  I love coming indoors and hunkering down in my crate at night.  I love the nice comfy bed in there and I don't cause any problems.  I like other dogs and am not aggressive at all.  I've seen a lot and been many places in my life, but I just want one nice place to call home.  I don't jump the fence or try to dig out.  I really just want a spot indoors, a couple meals a day, and some kind words and contact.  I haven't been taught a lot of things, but I will do most anything for a treat.  Did I mention that I love my crate? Dad says I'm just part shepherd, only the good parts.  Get in touch with my foster dad if you'd like to meet me.

 

And for Molly: 

I may be 7 years old or so, but I'm a long way from retirement.  I have a lot of living to do to make up for all the years I lived with an animal hoarder.  I'm ready for anything, let's go!  I haven't been at my current foster home for long so I haven't got a lot to say, but I'm living with two male dogs right now and am having a great time with them.  I love people, which is rather amazing given my past, but I'm just that kind of dog.  Love me, feed me, and take care of me and I'll be a loyal companion.  You can contact my foster home at vadogrescue@aol.com if you'd like to meet me.


Dugan:  I'm a boxer and I may be small but I'll duke it out with any dog when it comes to protecting my food.  If you see how skinny I am, you'll understand why.  But I'm a nice guy with people and with other dogs generally.  I love my crate and I'm happy to stretch out and relax whenever possible.  I'm not sure how I ended up in a home with all these German Shepherds.  They are ok, but I don't bark, whine, and carry on like some of them do.  My foster dad says I'm "low maintenance" except that I need to eat 3 or 4 times a day to put on some weight.  I'm about three years old and am told that I'm very handsome. There's no point in being modest when you've got all this.  The camera doesn't lie.  


Maggie Mae: 

If you're a woman who's ever found a lump or dealt with breast cancer, honey, we need to talk.  I came from the same hoarder that brought Big Boy, Molly, Irene, and a couple others into VGSR.  When my new foster dad got me to the vet I had my first-ever breast exam and the vet found a big old lump.  I had it removed surgically, and thank Dogness, it wasn't cancerous, yet.  I'm just lucky I got here when I did.  If you haven't had an exam lately, go get yourself checked out, sister.  You'll be glad you did.  That hoarder getting busted probably saved my life, and it has really turned things around for me and the others.  I now live indoors mostly and I love it.  I love most things actually--people are great, other dogs are too, and I bet I could even learn to love a cat.  I'm happy in a crate with a comfortable bed.  After where I came from, that feels like heaven.  My foster dad says that my only fault is that I talk too much, but hey, he's a guy and just doesn't understand.  I have a lot to say and have had no one around who would listen.  I like to sing too.  Mostly I've been singing the blues but things are looking up. 

3 comments:

BudsBuddy said...

Love the write up for Maggie Mae. I bet there is a breast cancer survivor out there who will snap her up ASAP. Brent, glad you got in touch with your Inner Sistah! "Thank Dogness" cracks me up too. Good luck tomorrow.

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

I agree with BudsBuddy. I love the write-up for Maggie Mae.
Hope you get lots of interest in adoptions on Saturday.

Living the life in The Little City said...

Jeremy is adorable. He'll have a home soon. How old is he?