Thursday, March 31, 2011

Short timers

This girl blew in here today just ahead of the rain and will probably be out of here with the next passing line of showers.  (We are having a rainy week.)

Well, she didn't exactly blow in, but I only had to drive over to Fishersville to meet her.  She came from Tennessee.  Fortunately, she travels well.

This is the long-awaited Ladybug, or Lady.  She was surrendered due to unfortunate circumstances in her home, not of her own making.  She is a wonderful dog, has lived indoors with children, and even cats.  She is spayed and vaccinated, although I don't yet have the vet records.  Apparently there were second thoughts about surrendering the dog as late as this morning, but she is here in my office with Maggie Mae and Molly tonight. 

Her stay here will be brief.  She's moving to a truely stellar foster home this weekend.  It's a home that I've adopted two dogs to, (all without a home visit---sssssssshh), and it's a home any dog would be lucky to share.  I believe there is an adoptive home already in mind for this dog, but in any event, she will be an easy placement.  If she hits the web there will be too many potential adopters wanting her. 

She has to be wondering what is going on, but she's not anxious and is handling it all very well.  I expect that she will transition smoothly to a new home.  I promised the former owner I'd find her a great, great home, and that will be an easy promise to keep.

It's nice to take them in and move them out so quickly.  I had a call this evening from my SW VA doggie dealer.  She has another Dane for me, and another Pyr mix too. 

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow Brent. This is Miles checking out the Lady. For sure she won't be around long. I always keep my eye open for a sister for your Filly (Duchess) . How old and big is this girl? And more important, is the foster home you have in mind for her any closer to MD than you or are you moving her away from us? She is a true beauty and I am just looking for a playmate to blend right in with our girl, and Lady sounds like the easy going type. Now is she young enough for the energy level of still very puppy-ish Duchess?

BudsBuddy said...

Best wishes to Ladybug and the family that gave her up. It must have been a hard choice to make.

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

May you have success with your next fosters.

I posted 3 photos of Flirt yesterday on my Facebook wall. Got lots of compliments on each picture and the album.

The 3 pictures are absolutely spectacular!

Thank you, Brent. It sounds like you could use some help with gas money?

Bonnie on Facebook