Tuesday, March 15, 2011

So long, Sunny (and Romeo and Lilly and Irene!)

Sunny's adopters were so anxious to get her that they cut short a trip to Virginia Beach and headed back a day early, coming by our place to pick her up this afternoon.  I certainly like that level of enthusiasm.  They are students on spring break so this is a great time for them to get a dog and get it accustomed to a new home.  Sunny was more than happy to go with them.  I kissed her on the head and wished them the best, after warning them that she is a rotten dog. 

People have expressed surprise that I've had her this long.  It's partly because I haven't been getting her out, and partly because she is rotten.  She is as sweet as can be, but she's rotten.  I had to banish her from the sheds because she would constantly jump up on the shelves and drag my tools out to the yard.  But they will use a crate when she's unattended and work on her manners.  They will also walk and run with her, which will be great for Sunny and should go a long way towards curbing bad behaviour.  I hope so.  She's a nice young active dog, they are nice young active people, it should be a good match.

Both Romeo and Lilly have apparently convinced their new humans to make the arrangement permanent, so we'll be doing adoption contracts for those two very soon.  Irene beat them to the punch however.  I moved Irene to a new foster home just on Sunday and she got adopted today by a woman who was very anxious and determined to get her.  It makes me think I should move Maggie Mae to that foster home as well, and maybe after her surgery next week we will. 


2 comments:

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

It's a beautiful morning weather wise. Such great news about your fosters.
Hope you are able to get some of the remaining German Shepherds out of Fluvanna SPCA very soon.
Thank you, Brent.

BudsBuddy said...

I hope Sunny does well in her new home, she sounds like she could be a handful. I once adopted an active young dog to an active young couple, and she promptly chewed up their wedding photo album and was returned to me in short order. On the other hand, sometimes plenty of attention and exercise can work wonders!