Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Quickie update


Jeremy has moved inside now; sweet boy. 
He's an older boy who needs an older adopter.
 Yesterday I worked my job, which felt like a breeze because I didn't spend an additional 8+ hours of dog stuff on top of it, just my usual 3 to 4. 

Romeo should be at the vet today getting neutered.  His prospective adopters are taking him in and picking him up again at the end of the day. 

Lilly is still with her new people, but I'll call today and check to see how it's going.

Rita's new family is in love with her.  It could still be honeymoon euphoria, but I think the love will abide.

I'll check on Flirt today too, but I haven't heard anything and this didn't seem like he'd throw in the towel that quickly.


Sunny actually had interest from 2 or 3 potential adopters last weekend.

It sounds like Irene is coming out of her shell in her new foster home.  She likes to watch television. 

Big Boy is a matter of concern.  He has exhibited some odd behavior that seems like a neurological problem.  It's hard to tell just how much of it is a coping mechanism on his part, or if he suffered a brain injury at some point, or suffers from in-breeding.  Whatever it is, he's in a good place.  He's being fostered by a vet tech, will see a vet this week, and is also scheduled for neuter surgery on Friday.


Big Boy seems calm and sweet, but this really isn't normal behavior
 in the middle of a crowd of dogs and people.

Sunny has been coming indoors at night and has been great in a crate.  I'll meet her adopter either Wednesday or Thursday this week for the next big step in her life. 

I almost feel like an empty nester after the way things were around here last week.  I'm meeting with the shelter director today to discuss plans for the remaining dogs if and when they become available, which could be this weekend.  She has been wonderful to work with, mostly because she holds the dogs' interests above all others.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Good News. Thanks for blogging about some good news.
The morning news has been very sad.
We all need some encouragement.
Let's hope & pray the remaining German Shepherds will be released ASAP!

Jennifer said...

Ugh, Big Boy breaks my heart... I really hope he gains the trust of others and experiences real love and devotion from a caretaker for the first time in his life... Wishing him the best...

Yay for Irene! :) I had faith in her!

BudsBuddy said...

I'm surprised Sunny stayed with you so long, she seems like such a nice mix of breeds. Best wishes to her!