Sunday, March 27, 2011

A good girl departs

All the rotties in doggie heaven will have to move over a bit and make room on the cosmic sofa for one more, because Tasha left us yesterday afternoon. 

She was a rottie that I had taken in years ago who was returned to me late in life.  When Tasha came back to the rescue she had a mast cell tumor on her side that we removed, but we all knew that she may not have too long.  Still, we hoped for the best and Tasha was taken in by the folks who adopted Sable and Rowdy (Bernie) from me, and a lab (Murphy) from another rescue.  They had the 4 dogs divided between two homes in northern VA, rotating between locations so the dogs had the best of care. 

 
  


Tasha was a sweet, wonderful girl, from the first time I pulled her out of the Louisa County shelter, right up to the end.  She rolled with the punches, adapted to changes that happened to her. 

She was a good girl and she had a life full of love. 

I can't say enough good things about her, or about the folks who took her in when her need was greatest, her options were few, and her time was short. People like that sustain my sometimes feeble hope for humanity. 


Have you hugged your dog today?

5 comments:

Sue said...

I love the idea of a cosmic sofa!
Beautiful girl. Special people who took her in.

Sue said...

I love the idea of a cosmic sofa!
Beautiful girl. Special people who took her in.

Living the life in The Little City said...

Great dog. So glad she had such kind and good people in her life at the end.

BudsBuddy said...

Sad to hear that Tasha's time with her new family was so short. In my experience (sadly rather broad), rotties rarely last long after their cancer is diagnosed. But they live and love to the fullest right up until the end. A big hug to Tasha's family.

Unknown said...

I'm so very sorry for your loss. It's a sad, sad day when we lose a loved one. You have my deepest sympathy.
It's comforting to have wonderful foster caregivers and adopters, and Tasha's family are indeed very special people.