Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rendezvous in Culpeper

Shadow came with a crate, which had been sitting in my driveway since the day he arrived a couple weeks ago.  This evening I loaded it and the dog into the van and we drove north on Rt 15 to my rendezvous point just outside of Culpeper.  It's one hour flat from my door to that parking lot and about the same from many points in northern Virginia.  I have met a lot of folks there to pass off dogs moving in one direction or the other.  Tonight it was Shadow's rendezvous with his prospective new owner and new life.  

He's a great dog, easy to love, and very much a lab.  Night time in a parking lot is not an ideal time to meet new people and start a new life, but with this guy I wasn't so concerned about that.  It was time for him to come in for the evening and he will go to a new home for his indoor time and then to bed in his familiar crate.  He was happy to hop into the car and go on his way.

He's not a difficult dog--no high strung, anxiety-ridden shepherd-- and he loves his crate and the comfort of a routine.  He also loves attention and I think he will be getting a lot of that in his new home. 

1 comment:

BudsBuddy said...

Happy for Shadow and his new owner(s). I remember you took him in as a favor to a friend of a friend, or something like that. You have done a kindness to all involved, most of whom probably wanted what is best for Shadow.