Friday, March 4, 2011

Happiness is...




A nap in the sun on a pretty day.
















Trooper and Flirt
 

A friend to play with.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 

Clay with Flirt



A hug when you aren't feeling so great.





















Thanks for all the donated food.
 

A full food bin. 

















Romeo, finishing his third dose of wormer with some canned food.
 


Good food and medicine.

















Irene, cozy in her igloo.
 


A place to be safe and secure.

















Thanks to all of you who have sent food, money, other supplies, and words of encouragement.  Thanks to all who have listened to my rants and shared my outrage.  As cynical and disillusioned as I often am about mankind, there are good people out there, pushing, prodding, and pulling the rest of the herd in the general direction of progress. 

Ryland, one of the non-shepherd fosters I pulled from the Fluvanna shelter to make room. 
Sweet and adorable, as only a hound can be.
I appreciate everything that everyone has done and offered to do.  But at this point I only have five of the shepherds (I brought home one more this afternoon), and two non-shepherd fosters, plus what I already had at home.  The Fluvanna County shelter is dealing with the bulk of the problem.  I would suggest making a donation to the Fluvanna County SPCA that runs the shelter, Fluvanna SPCA, 5239 Union Mills Road, Troy, VA 22974.  If you want to make an in-kind donation, I think they can use shampoos, brushes, cleaning supplies. I took a bag of candy over there this afternoon, for energy and morale.

1 comment:

BudsBuddy said...

"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times ... it was the season of Light, it was the season of Darkness; it was the spring of hope, it was the winter of despair; we had everything before us, we had nothing before us ..."
-- Charles Dickens