Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Flirt's new home

I'm not sure what it is about Flirt.  The bigger the dog the more I tend to like them.  I do love a dog with a big head.  Flirt is just such a sweet girl.  I'm always happy when a foster finds a home, and I'm particularly happy for Flirt, but the place does seem empty without her around.  I had great confidence in her adopter and felt certain that it was a good home, but I needed to hear that she was ok. 

I emailed the adoptor's sister, who is the one who had found Flirt and made this all happen.  She wrote back and sent a couple pics.




The other Dane is Koda, also a female about Flirt's age.  Flirt growled at her a bit the night that they met, and I knew he wanted a playmate for Koda, so I had a little concern but I figured they would work things out if given enough time.  Apparently it didn't take too long.  The two girls are playing together, and sharing the dog bed.  Flirt is eating well, two big bowls of food a day, and apparently likes potato chips and hotdogs.  When you are that thin you can eat anything you want.  Flirt was accustomed to eating alone, at her own leisurely pace, so they have some things to work out at dinner time, but all is well and I'm very happy.


I used to cover Flirt with a wool blanket at night too.  She likes it.
Here's a medley of Flirt pics, just because.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Flirt looks so happy.
Your photo of Flirt in the green grass is calendar perfect!