Monday, March 7, 2011

Rocky, then and now

This was Rocky when I got him, open wounds on his face draining with infection, self-inflicted from scratching, trying to alleviate the pain from an ear infection that had fused his ear canals shut and ruptured his ear drums, leaving him totally deaf.

In spite of his pain, he was the sweetest dog, completely cooperative with any and all efforts to help him.

This is Rocky now.  (I stole these pics from my friend Shayna's FB page.)


Rocky is still just as sweet, still deaf as a post, but now is living in Utah with a former VGSR volunteer. 


He's now living the good life, as you can see.  When he's not busy hiking or sleeping, he does therapy work. 

It's good to see pictures like these and hear stories like this to remind myself of why we do this.  One day I hope to see pictures of some of the hoarder dogs peacefully napping on a sofa without a care in the world.

3 comments:

Diane Prettyman Biesecker said...

Love this story!

Diane Prettyman Biesecker said...

Love this story!

Darlene said...

I am so happy for Rocky! He is such a sweet dog and deserves it! Brent - Thanks for all you did to help Rocky find this wonderful life.