Sunday, March 20, 2011

Spring has sprung


Forsythia in corner of the front yard

Cherry tree

Spring started officially late this afternoon, I believe, but it felt like it all weekend. 







The Tulip tree managed to miss the frost this year.

Tulip tree in the center of our driveway. 

These 3 or 4 weeks in the early spring is the best time in Virginia. There's about another 3 or 4 weeks in the fall that are nice too, but I'm not sure why we stay here the rest of the time.










Daffodils along the road in front of our fence

Dog adoption seems to have picked up for the spring too.  It's the time of year people think it would be nice to have a dog.  The Fluvanna shelter called on Saturday and said that someone was interested in meeting the yellow lab I had pulled from there on Thursday.  I hopped into the van with the dog like I had done with Dickens a couple days before.  They were a nice young couple and I sent him home with them.  He's being neutered tomorrow and I hope we'll get the adoption finalized next weekend.




On Sunday I met up with Romeo's adopters and finalized that adoption (left).  They had previously adopted the white shepherd, Anastasia, from me (right).  She is exactly what Romeo (now called Bear) needs.  She is experienced in the ways of the world, at least around there, and she is confident.  He is comfortable there, follows her lead, and will gain confidence as he matures.  He may have had a miserable existence for the first year of his life, but he is making up for it fast.

1 comment:

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Your springtime in Virginia photos are breathtaking.
Great news for Seamus (yellow lab) and Romeo (now called Bear) now with Anastasia.
One day at a time.