Wednesday, April 20, 2011

New arrivals, Koa and Ranger

My mother arrived on Tuesday afternoon, and later that day I had an email from a shelter about Koa and Ranger, two male shepherds, owner-surrendered, brothers, two years old in June.  They were said to be nice dogs and indeed they are. 

I didn't have any particular plans for things to do with my mother, so we decided to revisit Montpelier, up in Orange County on Wednesday, which just happened to be the shelter where the dogs were located. 

The two dogs are young, very energetic, and probably haven't had an outlet for their energy.  They are both good looking, large males, and I'm sure they will get a lot of interest from potential adopters. 

I need to get them neutered and learn what they are like, but right now I need to get them to shut up.  Koa (top), is quite talkative, while his brother, Ranger (bottom), has trouble getting a word in.  They are quite bonded to each other it appears.

I'm going to introduce them to Buddy this evening, but I think I'll pull Ryland out to another kennel or leave him separated from the new guys for at least another day. 

Koa is blowing his coat and needs a good brushing.  He reminds me of Biscuit, same color and markings.  Ranger is a real looker.  Both are pretty big boys, probably 85 pounds, which is big for a non-fat shepherd. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Brent. That is so nice that your mom went with you to pick up the dogs. My mom used to love the folders I would send her with pics of my fosters, my animals and of course, my family.
She was bed ridden with MS in a nursing home, but we had her in a private room with it decorated like home.
My brother would take the folders to her when he did his daily visit and she lived my rescue work through the pictures.
What a blessing to still have your mom with you!