Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Happy Days


Gypsy, back home on a soft bed, but she went back to work immediately
 We got home on Monday in time to retrieve 5 dogs from one boarding kennel.  We got the rest back home on Tuesday.  Ryland, who was with a temporary foster, came back this morning.  Zoe is still with her temporary foster while they contemplate keeping her.  Except possibly Ryland who had a good thing going where he was, they were happy dogs when they got back home.  I bathed our six dogs before they even came inside.  It was a hot day, there were no complaints.  All the shepherds, and Cabell, are really blowing their coats right now.


Zachary could be on a nice bed or in a chair,
but this spot on the floor is closest to Clay's chair.
 They are happier to be back home than I am.  Yellowstone was beautiful, the weather was cool, and I had a great time with my family.  Coming back to the heat and humidity of Virginia in the summer is unpleasant.  Clay was with me so the only thing I missed was the dogs.  I had Tuesday off but am back to working today. 

I hope to move Ranger out to his new home this week.  A lot of people are interested in Koa so I hope I can move him this weekend.  Even if Zoe comes back to me she had a lot of interest from some very good adopters.  And of course, I have several coming in. 

This is Zeus, previously known as the Appalachian Wanderer, a mouthful of a name but more romantic than Zeus.  He has several interested applicants already, including someone who trains "Sandys" for productions of Little Orphan Annie.  An interesting option, but I'd rather place the dog in a home.  There are also two local shepherds probably coming to me, and the mixed breed pup from CASPCA.  The dobie pup got placed while we were gone. 

Also on the agenda:  Trooper needs an annual vet visit; there are two home visits in the area that need to be done; several of the fosters need baths; the rottie Bo needs a vet visit and a date for his heartworm treatment; Zachary needs a follow up vaccination for something; I need to write back to everyone who has inquired about Koa and try to figure out where he should go; it's time for the monthly heartworm preventative routine for all the dogs around here; and I need to meet and evaluate two senior shepherds in a local shelter. 

4 comments:

BudsBuddy said...

Glad to have you back. My workday is very boring when you are away!

Risa said...

Do you think that Zeus is a Picardy Shepherd? He looks like the picture of one in the breed book.

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

All your friends as well as your furry family members and fosters are so very happy that you are back. All the rescues are so very happy to have you back too.
Glad that you had a nice vacation.
Yes, I agree with BudsBuddy's note! (smile).

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

There are Picardy Shepherd images for the movie "Because of Winn-Dixie." I loved that movie & saw it twice. Dave Matthews was in it too. I think Zeus could be that breed. Link to photo of movie http://www.imdb.com/media/rm3566767360/tt0317132