Thursday, June 9, 2011

Hot, tired, sick, but moving dogs

I don't know what to say here, but feel that I should say something about what's been going on since I got back.  Some good things, namely that Ranger went to what I hope will be his new home today after waiting a month or more because of his illness and the adopter's schedule. 

He and Starr (one of my former fosters) are getting along fine but Ranger apparently bolted through a dog door, and splayed his legs outward when he hit a smooth tile floor.  He was limping a bit but I don't think that will be a serious problem. 

Keep your fingers crossed; I've been trying to place a second shepherd in this home for a long time, first Trooper and then Buddy.  Hopefully the third time will be the charm. 

I still haven't answered all the emails about Ranger's brother, Koa, but I did read them and selected a home for him.  I talked to them today and liked what I heard--good setup, lots of experience, committed dog people.  The only drawback is their vacation schedule, so I'll have him for two more weeks anyway.  I had been hoping to move him this weekend, but I'll hold on to him a while longer for what I think is the best home for him.  If I get overcrowded I may board him. 

I'm taking in an owner surrender shepherd from down near Lynchburg tomorrow, and Gypsy, the shepherd/whatever mix, from the CASPCA.  There's another shepherd near me who needs to come in, and one from the Rockingham SPCA over in the Shenandoah Valley that will be coming next week. 

The heat has got me down, but mostly I'm out of sorts today because I've come down with a wicked post-vacation cold that started yesterday evening.  I feel like I've been hit by a bus and my throat is so sore that I actually didn't eat today--that's a sign comparable to a rottweiler not eating--until, that is, I thought about ice cream to soothe my throat.  I don't keep ice cream in the house because I would eat it all immediately, but I ventured out and laid in a small supply. 

Here's an interesting pic I swiped from a rescue organization's Facebook page.  It wasn't their pic either and they didn't know who had taken it, but they had it captioned as:  "Proof that all dogs go to heaven."  A nice thought, whatever one's beliefs in an afterlife, and a very nice picture. 

3 comments:

BudsBuddy said...

The weather has been brutal this week, thankfully it looks like we will get some relief tomorrow. Hope you feel better soon, ice cream is always good medicine in my book :)

BudsBuddy said...

PS--Love the cloud photo!

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

Brent, please feel better soon. I love the cloud photo!