Sunday, June 12, 2011

Piling up

 
Odie glaring at a puppy today

If you have a ball, Schatze will follow you anywhere

I drove 5 dogs to a VGSR adoption event in Gainesville today and drove 5 dogs home.  It was a first outing for Odie, Teddy (new shepherd), and Zeus.  Luke and Schatze had done this before.  The good news is that everyone was good, and they were really good (hot, tired, and sleepy) on the drive home.  Pam got pictures of all the new dogs and I need to work on write ups.  Teddy needs to get to the vet this week for vaccines and a heartworm test.  He should be the first to move.  He's young, very handsome, and was very friendly with everyone, both canine and human.  Zeus really needs a shampoo and a comb out.  We think he may be a bearded collie, at least in part.  He got a lot of looks, but it was a hot, humid, and rather slow day.  So it's back to basics, pictures and bios for the web postings, as well as vet trips and some at home grooming. 


Luke loves to eat ice

That would be fine if I didn't have these two labs coming tomorrow, being dumped before the owners' vacation.  They probably would have been dumped at the shelter already except for the fact that the Louisa shelter is closed for intake right now due to parvo. 

And then there is the dog coming Wednesday from the Rockingham SPCA. 

And there's still the Fork Union shepherd that I need to call about this evening. 

And one of our volunteers showed up today with a dog he had taken in and wants to keep but can't because of complaints from a neighbor.  He's looking for a place to move to and wanted someplace to stash the dog temporarily.

I'm just going to board the excess dogs at the kennel I use for vacations.  I'll bring them back here as I'm able to make room. 


My summer cold is down to the point where I can taste it more than anything else.  I'm tired this evening, but I would have been tired after 3 hours in the heat even if I was well.

The highlight of the day was a visit from Sophie, formerly my bratty foster dog, Sunny.  She looks great and is as happy as can be.  They love her and think she's the most wonderful dog.  I think she's putting one over on them, but more power to her.  She's got a good thing going and she knows it. 


2 comments:

Bonnie Loves Cats =^..^= said...

I think Sunny II looks just like Sunny.

Anonymous said...

I was thinking Wheaton Terrier for Zeus...not sure if the size works or not, but the looks point that way to me. Glad you are feeling better. Ann