Wednesday, June 15, 2011

News and updates, happy and sad


Samson and brother

Samson's baby brother had his first birthday.


Molly with lab and cat (behind lab)
 Molly, one of the Fluvanna hoarder shepherds is living the good life with a big black lab, and even a cat!



Hope with part of her new family

Two of the most withdrawn and unsocialized of the hoarder dogs, Irene and Lily, now called Hope and shown here, continue to make slow adjustments and gradually gain in confidence.  Those two dogs got just the right owners, who have the temperament and patience to help them adjust. 



Sunny, too smart for her own good?

Sophie, formerly Sunny, continues to amaze her mom by sailing through levels of obedience class.  She's a smart one, for sure.  They should soon be doing agility which will satisfy her need for both mental stimulation and physical activity.


Rita is still high strung and wants to be with her people all the time, but she brings them such joy and so much love that they just deal with it. 


Rita, loving her her life

Hamlet/Teddy, such a sweetheart

One bit of sad news this week is that I learned that a former foster rottie, Teddy, formerly my Hamlet, had died of cancer.  He was a sweetheart.  Another rottie adopter had lost both of hers in the year.  I'm hoping to get Bo a home with one of them as soon as his heartworm treatment is finished. 

That's it, brief news is all I have time for.  I have way too much to do in a 24 hour day.  I've got a lot of email about Zeus that I need to get to because I'd like to get him adopted this weekend. 

1 comment:

BudsBuddy said...

Condolences to those who have lost their rotties. I know how big that void is, when the comfort and companionship of that ever-present hulk is missing. I also know how wonderful it is to welcome another into your heart and home!